keskiviikko 20. tammikuuta 2021

Something new - something different - SIM31

QSO with UV7II (Ukraine) on SIM31

 It is really worth on trying something different even with digital modes. This week I have tried SIM31-mode on 20 meters band. Last year I had over 100 SIM31 contacts; most during the first half of the year. So I decided to find out how is the activity there nowadays. 

The activity is not very high, but I have made contacts there every time. This morning I was a little surprised (that´s HAM -live - never knows how answers) when I tuned into SIM31 and sent my very first CQ for this morning. A station from Ukraine (look at picture) answered immediately and we had a nice chat. Fortunately I did not used SIM31-auto mode, so I could sent more info than in normal ways. Yes, SIM31 is nice to use, because You can use so called CQ-AUTO -mode: SIM31 can handle all the traffic automatically without operator´s assistance: well, good or bad thing. Never knows, whether there is a human operator or just a computer on the other side 😀 But the most important thing is the QSO itself!

See you on SIM31!


de ARi

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti

FT8 SM-sprint, osa 5

  Työskenneltyjä kilpa-asemia FT8 sprint -kilpailusarjan kevätkauden päättävä osakilpailu päättyi juuri. Tälläkin kerralla asemia oli mukava...